Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:29:56 AM

Author Topic: Axis not working or moving in same direction  (Read 3133 times)

Axis not working or moving in same direction
« on: May 31, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »
Computer crashed and replaced with another using windows 7 / 32 bit. Parallel port seems to be working (checked voltages with help from UTube video). X, Y and Z Axis work fine on Mach3 dashboard but machine runs X axis in only one direction using right and left arrow keys, Y moves in only one direction using Page up and Page down keys and Z does not move.

CNC did work fine before and no wires were moved

Need some assistance, I am still new at this.
Thanks

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Axis not working or moving in same direction
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »
have you checked voltage from dir pin with connected stepper Driver?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 03:57:53 PM »
Thanks for the response....not sure how to check voltage, as suggested, after watching video which did not have the same boards. I attached pictures of the inside of my control unit, there 4 separate boards.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 01:29:38 AM »
Looks like the connextors on right lower Corner are for step/dir

Step - 5V - Dir -5V  if you look from the right to the left.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:55 AM »
Looks like almost 5v on each board.  I will recheck the parallel port again. The cable has continuity point to point

(up and down arrows still do not work and the Up and Down keys work the Y axis in only one direction and the right and left arrows control the X axis in only one direction. I).

The down key causes the red light to go out on the 1st board, up key make the light go on. The left arrow key causes the red light to go out on the 2nd board, right arrow make the light go on. The up and down arrows do nothing to any light.

Any other thoughts?
Thanks again
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
Computer crashed (while using) and replaced with another using windows 7 / 32 bit. X, Y and Z Axis work fine on Mach3 dashboard but machine runs X axis in only one direction using right and left arrow keys, Y moves in only one direction using Page up and Page down keys and Z does not move.

CNC did work fine before and no wires or switches were moved or changed
Parallel port seems to be working, checked for voltage after watching video. The cable has continuity point to point. Each controller boards have 5V.

(up and down arrows still do not work and the Up and Down keys work the Y axis in only one direction and the right and left arrows control the X axis in only one direction. I).

The down key causes the red light to go out on the 1st board, up key make the light go on. The left arrow key causes the red light to go out on the 2nd board, right arrow makes the light go on. The up and down arrows do nothing to any light.
Maybe a power surge took out the computer and something in the CNCEST Controller.

Any thoughts (I am still a new user and have tried following troubleshooting posts and videos) or is there a good beginner video on replacing the motor controllers while still using the original controller the control the spindle…Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 12:50:46 AM »
Can you please post a copy of your <your profile> .xml file which is in the Mach3 folder. You will need to rename it to to something like larry.xml before posting. We can then check your Mach3 settings and hopefully find an answer to the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply....I'm not seeing anything in Mach3 folder that might be something with profile "<your profile> .xml file". There is an empty profile txt file
I was able to add license so I'm in the correct files. I have rebooted the computer and will reload Mach3 if needed.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 12:23:04 PM »
Hi Larry,

Your profile is shown in the window bottom right (typically, Mach3Mill). In your Mach3 folder copy the .xml file with that name. Rename it then attach (using Attachments and other options).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 03:04:44 PM »
Found it...thanks.
It is attached and hopefully this is what is needed. I really appreciate your time and help.