Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Pressing Stop button during move loses position  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: Pressing Stop button during move loses position
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 08:48:29 AM »
Striplar,

I have been using Mach since Mach2.
It has always been a hard stop with the Stop button.
If you wanted a controlled stop in Mach2 or Mach3 you needed to Feedhold then Stop.
Always been that way.
I did see when changing to Mach4 that under Configure/Control then the General Tab there is a "Cycle Stop is Controlled Stop".
I have not checked it and have no idea how it works but that might be what you want.

Bill
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 12:55:23 PM »
Mach software Engineers have clearly talked to Warp about the ESS, else they couldn't have created a plugin. It's no big deal for them to fix a simple problem like this if they're inclined to. However, if their response is anything like it has been to the 'Single Block' bug that I've been trying to get fixed for months, it might be something that never gets addressed.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=44675.msg286280#msg286280

I probably won't be posting anything about Dynamotion here. There's a Forum dedicated to that, and people can go there if they're dissatisfied with Mach.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »
Striplar,

I have been using Mach since Mach2.
It has always been a hard stop with the Stop button.
If you wanted a controlled stop in Mach2 or Mach3 you needed to Feedhold then Stop.
Always been that way.
I did see when changing to Mach4 that under Configure/Control then the General Tab there is a "Cycle Stop is Controlled Stop".
I have not checked it and have no idea how it works but that might be what you want.

Bill
Thanks, I'll take a look. It's going to be academic soon though, because I'm moving over to KMotionCNC. There are just too many issues with this new release that aren't being taken seriously.