Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:12:31 AM

Author Topic: have a machmotion hicon system need a cycle start inhibit  (Read 698 times)

have a machmotion hicon system need a cycle start inhibit
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:46:59 PM »
Ok, I have a mach4 hicon system from back in 2016.  I have a BP ( real deal BP Connecticut casting).  It has a hi lo gear dealie.  There is a prox that inputs when the head is in hi gear.  so when X6 active I am in M41 and when off M40.  Then I have speed range for that and the low is on reverse.  All great.  Problem is I want mach to look ahead during the tool change, right before operator presses cycle start and give message when I need to change gear for the right speed range and also inhibit cycle start press if I am in wrong speed range.   How do I go about that?  tech from machmotion upgraded me to "latest and greatest " version of mach 4 and I can no longer even enable the machine now.  He wanted to be able to take advantage of global messaging to do What I need and now I only have problems.  I suspect that version is dedicated for ethercat and their latest BOB which I don't have.  Back in the day we had brains in Mach 3 now??????  I don't know how this works. 

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: have a machmotion hicon system need a cycle start inhibit
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
I would get back with MachMotion and they should be able to help with this.  The deal is that you will want to work within their screen framework.  I could tell you how to do it with one of our stock screens, but it will not be what is needed for their screen.  Anyway, they should be able to get you back up and enabling your machine again.  Let them login in and setup the system remotely. 

Steve
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 05:19:52 PM »
Just don't forget that I want to be around when that happens cause if Z thinks its X and limit switches are also jumbled and soft limits don't migrate correctly and the guy then hits home from Missouri and here in Florida some machine in G0 will really crash. 

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 03:27:01 PM »
They NEVER move the machine when doing remote support.  You do.  You have to be there or they can't even connect.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 06:23:31 PM »
Yeah, tech guy told me to just keep the E stop button mashed in if I have any doubts.  I will keep my machine plugged in all day tomorrow for Aaron G. to work on I/O's while I am at work.  I also talked to Dave Eldredge today.  That tells me that those guys don't hide behind automated phones systems and secretaries.  I just have to understand it will be a long slow process.