Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 10:45:07 AM

Author Topic: It may be time to start over...NEED HELP  (Read 584 times)

It may be time to start over...NEED HELP
« on: April 06, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
yeah I know that it's a deep well but I need help.
I have a Tree J325 that I retrofitted, a long time ago, with a set of Gecko G320 a Campbell design breakout board and Mach3. Since I was - and still am - new to machine control I have several areas that I need to prospect for information on.

The machine has generally been unreliable and it's probably operator error. For example, I ran the Geckos with the error/reset pin 5 connected to pin 7. Now that I have them disconnected I am running into  fault conditions that I didn't have - now they are a constant problem. For example when I do a "home all" I will get the z and x drives to fault - not sure why y is doesn't fault... Is it possible limit switches are involved? I am terrible a troubleshooting...At this point I probably need to go through the entire setup of Mach3 from the beginning but there are other areas I want to address along the way.
- I would like all axes to stop on error. I've had situations where an axis got off track and the machine kept running and ruined parts
- I don't have any relays, contactors etc set up to help with e-stop. I don't know anything about the requirements, circuit etc. But I need to learn.

I spent some time considering an improved control system like Centroid Acorn or Allin1dc but for the next short period of time I want to see what improvements can help towards getting a reliable machine that I feel confident using.
I feel the machine is in good shape and capable of much more than I have done with it - with that said I have done some small surfacing jobs but the last time I tried to make a surfaced item the machine got out of control.

I could go on and on but for now I want to focus on Mach3 and Geckos

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:05:54 PM by lavrgs »