Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:33:30 AM

Author Topic: mach4 uninstall problem  (Read 1007 times)

mach4 uninstall problem
« on: April 04, 2021, 08:00:13 AM »
I made some changes to the macros that generated some problems, I decided to uninstall mach4 and reinstall it but the problems remained anyone knows why?
Re: mach4 uninstall problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 09:02:11 AM »
When you uninstall Mach4 it does not remove custom macros. They remain behind in the directory structure where Mach4 was installed. To totally start over you need to delete these macros, or if you are sure you have backup copies of any you need, you can delete the entire Mach4 folder before reinstalling.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »
hi
i deleted all the mach4 folders, but after reinstalling it has the same problems as before. can you tell me what i need to delete to bring it back to the source?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:36:47 AM »
Did the problems exist even if you did not re-edit or reinstall your macros? This type of problem usually happens if there is a coding problem with a  macro. Does the problem exist if you do not install any plug-in device driver?
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 10:56:47 AM »
I state that I am using the demo version of mach4, and there is no plug-in connected.at the beginning everything worked but after I had created a new button with a linked macro (seen on youtube by a certain DAZ THE GAS) now if I push the refhallhome button only one axis is reset, then I deleted that button and the macro but the problem remained. I uninstalled and deleted all of mach4 reinstalled but the problem remained

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 11:38:56 AM »
you do realise that mach4 will only run for 4 minutes in demo mode if you have a motion controller connected
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 11:45:40 AM »
i am doing some tests with the demo and there is no controller connected. when i understand how to make changes, i will use the licensed version with connected machine.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
Install MACH4 to a new location.
If you're still having problems message support@machsupport.com
or make a ticket here : http://support.machsupport.com/en/new-ticket