Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:57:25 AM

Author Topic: mm / inches - change Sainsmart mill  (Read 675 times)

mm / inches - change Sainsmart mill
« on: March 29, 2021, 10:21:15 AM »
Hello everyone,

first of all - I am new in the CAM CNC corner. So far I have rather milled manually on my FP1.
I bought from Sainsmart the 3018Pro Mach3 and also a Mach3 license. With the Sainsmart comes a .xml file that probably contains the configuration for the CNC mill. In principle everything works. When I create a program with Estlcam, the machine mills that well. Now I dived a little deeper and found out that Mach3 actually shows inches instead of mm in the settings menu. If I change that to mm, then of course the DRO is no longer correct. Well, I could still live with that, but if I now, for example, create an NC program in Fusion360 and load it into Mach3, it contains the command that tells Mach3 that mm are called from here and the milling program becomes too small by a factor of 2,54. Therefore I will probably have to change Mach3 settings Unfortunately I don't have the hardware details, but actually I would have to multiply all the values for the stepper motors by 2.54, then it should be correct again. Unfortunately I'm not sure where I can/should do that.
Can someone help me there?

Thanks
Boris

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: mm / inches - change Sainsmart mill
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:38:39 PM »
go to Config -> Motortuning
then note all Settings (for each axis) to have the original values

steps/per have to be devided by 25,4
velocity and acceleration multiplyed with 25,4
after that Config -> native Units Need to be changed as well.

to take a copy of your Profile .XML before changing is also not a bad idea.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
Re: mm / inches - change Sainsmart mill
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 03:05:30 PM »
MercĂ­