Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:16:36 AM

Author Topic: Losing position mid-cut, when paused position is corrected  (Read 1343 times)

Losing position mid-cut, when paused position is corrected
« on: March 23, 2021, 07:06:46 AM »
Using Mach 3 and aspire 9 to generate g-code.
Cnc has been working fine for a month, but suddenly i started getting random errors when cutting holes/contures/text.

Machine loses position on random occasions but always at the same point in some particular gcode. For example - cutting 20 holes at -17.3mm. It cuts first hole correct then with second hole loses position slightly and also cuts the hole -5mm too deep and keeps cutting the remaining holes too deep. I can see the -23.3mm on mach 3 z-axis. Then when i pause the cutting and press start, it will ask me to re-position and then it cuts everything correct.

Similar thing happens when cutting pockets, but it only loses x - axis.

Im running mach3 on high end gaming laptop with win10 and updates disabled.

Things i have tried so far.
Shielded ethernet cable.
Disabling win10 updates with an app.
Setting debounce interal to 5000
IJ mode to Inc

Im thinking it has to be something in the gcode as the machine and mach3 still knows where it is and is able to go back to the right position when paused. Where does it get the wrong information though?
Re: Losing position mid-cut, when paused position is corrected
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »
Write a G code to take to a given position from home over and over for 15 mins and if you can connect a dial test indicator onto the spindle to show actual potions at full stroke on G code programmed -----------See if this repeats with no load