Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:39:06 AM

Author Topic: Ref All Home  (Read 759 times)

Ref All Home
« on: March 21, 2021, 06:01:24 PM »
Hi,

I've set up my home position for X,Y,Z.....set up my soft limits just shy of the limit switches, entered all the values into Motor Home/Soft Limits, (X - Soft Max 700, Y - Soft Max 740, Z - Soft Max 0) (X - Soft Min 0, Y - Soft Min 0, Z - Soft Min -8).  X & Y are set to Home Negative. When I select Machine Coord's and press Ref All Home, the Z-axis starts going into the negative direction and never stops, (I turned off the stepper for the Z-axis), and subsequently the X and Y axes never ref home either.  Not sure what setting might be affecting this, just set the machine up after a rewiring job. everything works ok with the keyboard and remote controller, I just can't seem to set the Machine Coord's to the home position...  Any thoughts?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Ref All Home
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 09:15:56 PM »
Forget soft limits for now and get the machine homing right, if its a standard mill x axis should home at right most point of table and y should be at the rear of table and z at the top.

You can reverse the direction in mach3 in homing and limits, or in mach4 in the motor setup page.

Once you have this the soft limits will be more like X max 0 X min -700

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:18:33 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
Re: Ref All Home
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I found that by disabling my physical switches and setting the soft limits, was able to ref all home.  Then I went back in and enabled the limit switches.