Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:15:43 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 License  (Read 774 times)

Mach 4 License
« on: September 06, 2023, 06:59:38 AM »
Hi guys, I installed Mach4 Hobby Version 2.0.5036 and I'm thinking of buying the license when I do my own projects at home. And since I'm the one who is paying for it, it will take me a little time. I'm still researching but I'm having trouble linking the pwm output of my controller board to Mach4 to control the speed of my 3 phase motor(spindle) but I can't find anything in the configuration and I don't know if it's because I only have the trial version and installing the license unlocks new configuration parameters or if there is something I'm doing wrong. I'm new to the machining world but I know that this community is very large so surely you have found the solution to questions like these.  Anyway thank you very much for the help and all the best. 
Re: Mach 4 License
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 07:10:33 AM »
You should be able to test PWM output using Mach4 in Demo mode.

Spindle On/Off can be configured to control a output in Mach4.

The only configuration related to PWM in the Mach4 configuration will be the setup for maximum spindle speed.

Look instead for configuration issues with your controller. You access those using: Config>Plugins>your-controller

You must also have your VFD, inverter, or spindle motor driver configured to accept external control signals.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com