Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:22:45 PM

Author Topic: motors turn one way only  (Read 3113 times)

motors turn one way only
« on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »
I now have my motor responding to the controller. But the motor will only spin one direction no matter what command I give it. It will spin with the jog or with the MDI command. The speed is adjustable. The motor is quiet. (I have only hooked up one axis to test the system at this point.) I have checked and re-checked my connections and pin settings. Ports are correct. I'm not sure what to check next. I have a Gecko drive and Brushed DC motors with a CNC4PC I/O and am controlling through a printer port. The Mach 3 ran my Galil setup but two axis were reversed. What do you think?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: motors turn one way only
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »
sounds like you dont have the DIR pin configured properly or that your parallel cable is damaged. Take the cable off at the breakout board end and put a volt meter between a direction pin and ground. You should see 5v when you jog the axis one way and 0 when you jog the other. If you dont see that then you have to check at the port. If you still dont see it then its either your port or your config.
 If you do see that then it must be your wiring to the drives, the breakout or the drives themselves.
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: motors turn one way only
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
I thought we were covering this on your other post - have we moved the problem here, now.

As Hood said - are you getting a signal change on your direction pin?

Will the motor reverse ?????  Is your driver card faulty ??
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.