Hello Guest it is May 07, 2021, 11:16:54 PM

Author Topic: Signal structure of USB signal - MACH3  (Read 60 times)

Signal structure of USB signal - MACH3
« on: March 03, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »
(1) Introduction & Technical situation

I would like to control a MACH3 Breakout Board (red) perhaps with libusb under linux. My present situation is that I do not know anything about the signal structure of MACH3 controlling via USB (as additional information USB 2.0 – plug type B). My aim is to transfer – if it is possible – with a simple synchronous bulk transfer binary data packages to the MACH3 controller (reading and writing). Now I would like to get more informations about the signal structure. It could be that the data length is 64 bit. Furthermore I have one input signal from the controller card, which is to handle.

(2) Questions & Suggestions

(a) Are there experiences controlling this MACH3 controller with C in this forum? I mean this in look to adressing the registers which are to describe with binary data.

(b) Could you give me informations regarding the signal structure, for this purpose I also am open for code snippets in C (reading and writing).

(c) My aim is, I said it before, to send and receive the data in the binary format. It should be possible to read this data from a file and send it to the micrcontroller. A simple application could be a stop or run-signal for a stepper motor.

Offline ZASto

•  373 373
    • View Profile
Re: Signal structure of USB signal - MACH3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 02:16:07 PM »
You should contact Mach support asking about the data structure that is sent to external motion controller. It is NOT G-code, as far as I know it is PVT (Position, Velocity over Time).
OR
Ask producer of the board (CNC Drive, if my memory serves me correctly) for all relevant info.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.