Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:31:08 AM

Author Topic: Error signal from motor driver  (Read 1940 times)

Error signal from motor driver
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:11:58 AM »
Hi,

I have bought the Pokeys57cnc board and now connected the first motor driver(lichuan with step/dir/enable and alarm output) to the board. The motor is running but the alarm / error signal is not responding. If I take a look in the pokeys application (so not in mach3) the error signal is working (in the stepper configuration you see the error signal). In mach3 it does not trigger an alarm. Does somebody have the alarm signal working in mach3? And which settings were used?

The alarm signal from my motor board is connected to the /ERRORin signal of the motor connection.

Workaround would off course be to connect it to the -limit switch. But from my perspective also the dedicated error signal should work.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:21:53 AM by renebiemans »
Re: Error signal from motor driver
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »
I'm running Mach4 so the plugin may be different, but do you have a "Stop on motor error" check box?

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 11:11:50 AM »
Just installed mach4 and tried here. With mach4 I indeed have this setting and it is working. No I am doubting maybe to switch to mach4. Although it would also be good to know if I can get mach3 up and running with this board.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »
Hallo

Hast du für March3 eine Lösung gefunden?
Komme nicht weiter?