Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:17:41 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 issues after moving my plasma table  (Read 1008 times)

Mach 3 issues after moving my plasma table
« on: April 24, 2023, 01:25:26 PM »
Hello everyone, i could really use some help with my plasma cutting machine. it seems to be on the fritz since moving locations in my shop. admittedly im not the most educated when it comes to the inner workings but hopefully i can articulate the issue enough for someone to help me solve my issue. I purchased the table from an individual a couple years ago who was moonlighting as a table manufacturer but really was just a guy making really nice home-built machines. Overall I've been happy with it and the lack of service after the sale forced me to learn more about the machine. Some back story that plays into my current issue. I demoed the machine in the seller shop and then transported it home thinking i would just hook it up and begin cutting. Wrong! i got everything situated but could not get the x,y,z axis to function properly when jogging. i could get the Y and slaved A to jog in the neg direction but the Z also engaged. in the pos dir only the Y would turn. the X functioned properly. long story short i found some backup profiles and got the machine working as it should. I saved the profile on a thumb drive for any issues down the road. fast forward 2 years and the machine has performed flawlessly until a couple weeks ago when i decided to reposition the machine in my shop. i simply turned the table facing east to west for north and south to make room for a new project. Plugged everything back in and was suddenly back where i started on the day i brought it home. not concerned i simply covered the profile with the one i had saved on the thumb drive as ive done a few other times before. needless to say this did not solve the issue as it had in the past. 3 weeks of trial and error have led to zero gains in figuring out what has the axis signals all confused. A and Z axis seem to be linked to the same signal but don't understand how. A and Z axis will begin twitching if left idle for a few min.

Running Mach 3 v041
DM556T Drivers
ST-V3 5 axis BOB
Windows XP

1 checked for loose connections on everything
2 checked all drivers individually (all working when others are not plugged in)
3 reinstalled Mach 3
4 system restore to the day prior to moving the machine
5 built same profile from scratch
6 replaced BOB
7 checked grounds (good)
8 Replaced DB25 cable and usb cable

At this point I'm starting to think it's in the Printer Port but don't really have the knowledge trouble shoot. I'm hoping someone out there has had this similar experience and can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.