Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:27:21 AM

Author Topic: Opening g-Code Locks Mach3  (Read 896 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Opening g-Code Locks Mach3
« on: April 19, 2023, 08:30:50 PM »
Sorry guys I’m still on Mach3 because as a retired man I have no great use of it. I decided now to build a wooden clock as a hobby and of course Mach will be in use again. BTW I bought Mach3 some 20+ years ago from cnc4pc but that’s a long time ago….

Picture 1 shows a part in my CAM software, a piece approx. 8” long by 3” wide to be cut in 1/2" thick plywood. If you noticed the part is locate in the lower left quadrant of the X/Y axis

Picture 2 shows the same part on Mach3 screen which out of shape and located in the upper right corner of the X/Y quadrant which is wrong.

Picture 3 shows the part of the g-Code especially line 116 which is highlighted when I open the g-Code in Mach3. This tells me that Mach3 sees a problem with this line and the motors on my cnc are not working.

From some past notes I have on Mach one says “…if I have a lot of curves/circles in my part change the IJ Mode in general config from absolute to Inc…” but doing so nothing happens, line 116 is still highlighted and motors are not moving. Closing the g-code the motors are working which means nothing wrong with the cnc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Nicolas

Nicolas
Re: Opening g-Code Locks Mach3
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 02:05:45 AM »
Please could you post your g code as a text file not a jpeg?  However I think your problem is that the the way your machine is referenced the offending line will try to move the cutter beyond a soft limit.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 02:36:35 AM »
Thank you John for your time

It is not a soft limit or any other mechanical/electrical problem because as soon as I load the attached code it rolls immediately to line 116 and the cnc acts like I use E-Stop. In addition the image of the item I want to cut on the Mach3 screen is distorted and in the wrong quadrant.

The g-code is attached as a txt file

Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 03:32:20 AM »
I found the solution to my problem,

The g-code I sent before includes 2 operation, one is the perimeter contour and the other one is to drill five 1/8” holes and both operations use the same endmill.

I cut that piece earlier today using only the perimeter contour but by mistake I had the endmill cutting on the inside of the perimeter instead of the exterior. So I corrected my mistake and at the same time I added the drilling operation.

Thinking now I said why it worked before and not now and the conclusion is because I added the drilling operation. I removed the drilling and just did the contour and now the code worked

My thanks again John
Nicolas
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 03:51:18 AM »
Great, you fixed it.