Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:27:06 PM

Author Topic: Rapid Travel  (Read 3785 times)

Rapid Travel
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:14:19 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this software and am using a demo version to evaluate. I have the software connected to a router table. I have everything set (I think?) but here's my problem:

After loading a simple drawing through lazycam and importing the G-code file:

I have the material in the center of the table and have set the offsets accordingly. When the program starts, when it gets to G0 (gee zero) to run to the first coordinate, (I assume it should Rapid traverse to that point) my stepper motors jump/hop/sound horrible until it reaches the first coordinates. Once there, everything seems to be fine.

My jog keys work fine in all directions. If I use a manual input from the MDI window and type for example G0 Y50.0000, the same thing occurs. MY unit hops out there horribly.

MY test part came out fine and the table operated normally. Its just traversing to the first coordinate or G0 that seems to be the problem.

Help?

UPDATED Info********************************

Thanks all for the info however I have discovered that I wasn't quite correct in the original post. I have found out that the problem is between continuous jag and step jog. If using continuous jog, the travel in all directions is perfect. If using Step jog, the travel is horrible. The motors seem to hesitate and pause badly in between steps. I set the increment for 1 inch and it hops along badly in that inch in either direction.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:05:05 AM by DDFRST »

Offline Psad

•  82 82
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid Travel
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »
Sounds llike maybe your "rapid traverse" speed is too high.  Once you load a slower speed the motors have enough torque to run normally.
just a thought. 
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »
Press the Tab key and set your slow jog rate to 100% If the motors are not happy go to the motor tuning and turn down the Velocity of the motors.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

Hi all,just wanted to keep this at the top of the thread ,he updated his problem that he is having and i was concerned that nobody would notice the update he edited at the bottom of his original post.I talked to Dan and his machine will rapid travel in the cont. jog mode to the max speed with no problem,1" lead ball screws,PAC-SCI 1245 oz.in. nema 34 motors,48V or 65 V can't recall & 20 amp PS,if he can Jog the keys in con't mode at max speed why is there a problem when he is in step mode,at first i thought he had the jog step to short and typematic delay was very fast and giving him the spuratic jog movements,but if you hold the keyboard dwn in step mode on the jog it only moves (1)  increment on the movement at which it is set ,at least on mine, so i figured that was not the area for him to be looking,I'm sure it's something simple we are over looking.

Thanks
CNCINMOTION.COM

UPDATED Info********************************

Thanks all for the info however I have discovered that I wasn't quite correct in the original post. I have found out that the problem is between continuous jag and step jog. If using continuous jog, the travel in all directions is perfect. If using Step jog, the travel is horrible. The motors seem to hesitate and pause badly in between steps. I set the increment for 1 inch and it hops along badly in that inch in either direction.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
Thanks to Everyone that offered help.

My problem is solved. Turned out to be a problem in the 1.90.52 version of Mach3. At Art's request I upgraded to V1.90.60 and the problem went away.

Thanks again