Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:18:23 PM

Author Topic: Font Engrave wizard X shift  (Read 2141 times)

Re: Font Engrave wizard X shift
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »
Will do!!!  Gosh I had not had a struggle like that in a long time. This will be put into release soon
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 01:50:29 PM »
LOL :-)

Before I retired, I spent 15 years as a programmer.
It's hard to explain to someone why you have worked your donkey* off for a week and only produced 5 lines of working code. Most people don't see the 100 pages of abandoned code-tests and dead-ends.
BUT the WORST, the ABSOLUTE WORST, is to spend days trying to debug some code, only to find an obscure reference on the Internet that says "this behaviour is by design".  So I know how you feel. :-)

Best
Derek

* donkey.... a kind of ass :-)

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 03:16:19 PM »
My real issue is that in lua you can't pass pointers to objects, well sort of.. I had to take the posting class and after I did a require of the font take and jam the posting class into it's Metatable. I was trying to do it like I would in C because that is how I think... NOT SO! But we got it and at the end of the day it was simple once I got my stubborn head around it.

One good thing about making code is that you sure do feel good for about 20 min after it works ... Then you get the next problem and it starts all over again !

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com