Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:25:16 AM

Author Topic: Status Messages, History  (Read 866 times)

Status Messages, History
« on: February 01, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »
Is there a way to clear the history?  My lathe throws a "Home switch C Home Tripped" on every revolution of the spindle. Rather than having to click on the History button and then the clear button and then the close button it would be nice to just put another button to clear the history directly.

TIA

RT
Re: Status Messages, History
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 11:02:29 AM »
That is in the Core of mach4 sending the message ... We don't have any tools to cancel the messages. I may be able to add a back door way to cancel  the message ;) I can see where this would be used on a C axis.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 05:19:42 AM »
This got added to the next release on the FTP server. I added a new mcSetValue() that allows you to turn off the home messages in Mach4. I will post more but wanted you to know that was all done.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 08:27:35 AM »
Here is how you can make this magic happen :) I used the mc.mcCntlSetValue(inst, mc.VAL_IGNORE_LIMIT_MSG,0, 0) . You can use 0 to turn off the messages or 1 to turn them on mc.mcCntlSetValue(inst, mc.VAL_IGNORE_LIMIT_MSG,0, 1). Also I added it to the mc.mcCntlGetValue(inst, mc.VAL_IGNORE_LIMIT_MSG,0) so you can get the state of it.

This is in version 4690 ..

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 11:06:19 AM »
In the words of the late great Lawerance Welk, tank you, tank you, tank you.  (You might be too young to get this)
RT
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 03:00:36 PM »
Hey I am old... well not that old :) Please tell me if that works for you.

www.machsupport.com

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 03:22:38 AM »
I know about Lawrence Welk.  :)  "There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them."

You could also disable the home signal for the spindle after the spindle has been homed. 

Steve
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 11:16:15 AM »
I tried that early on but wasn't able to get that to work.  I should probably review what I did and see what I did wrong. Or, just use this new feature ;^)