Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 01:23:51 PM

Author Topic: Machine will jog but will not run gcode or mdi  (Read 664 times)

Machine will jog but will not run gcode or mdi
« on: February 09, 2021, 04:28:01 PM »
Hi there!

I am having an interesting issue with Mach4.  I have been setting up everything in Mach, and thought i was ready to run a program!  When i tried to run roadrunner, it runs the first line, and hangs on line 2 forever.  I don't see any errors, warnings, or other signs.  Machine jogs around just fine!  Not sure where to start here.  Running Code from MDI does not work either. 

For reference, i am using Mach4 hobby with a PMDX-424, and mitsubishi MR-JE servos (left over from a project at work :-) )

Thanks in advance for your help!
Re: Machine will jog but will not run gcode or mdi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »
I power cycled the machine and computer.   when i restarted mach, i saw this in the history. 

"Lua: Error occurred while opening file
cannot open C:\Mach4Hobby\Profiles\Router\Macros\mcLua.mcc: No such file or directory"

The file indeed does not exist anywhere int he Mach directory.  Where can i find this, or do I need to reinstall?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
This file is created when you run mach4 for the first time. This is made from all your Mcodes. SO... Did you modify any of the Mcodes? You need to find the one that is causing your  issue. You don't "need" any of them to run the machine. You can simply delete them all if you need to ;) . Also Make sure you didn't turn off the LUA plugin under the Configure -> control dialog / plugins tab.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 07:45:55 PM »
Hmm.. not sure what mcodes you are referring to, so I’m pretty sure I haven’t edited them. I only configured the io and motor parameters. I’ll check the plug-ins.

If that is all in order, am I looking at a reinstall?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:54:17 AM »
No need to reinstall... contact the support guys if that will not get it going for you.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com