Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:14:24 AM

Author Topic: Is there a BLINK function?  (Read 764 times)

Is there a BLINK function?
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
My lathe has closed-loop steppers on it, and the stepper drivers have a function where a control line will go HIGH for 5 seconds (I think that's how it works) if it faults out (usually a stall).

I'd like to have a function that detects that alarm line, and if it trips, E-Stops the machine.

But I also have a control panel with an LED on it, and if the machine stops for any non-user-commanded reason - limit switch, stepper motor controller alarm, etc - I'd like it to blink the LED until the alarm is cleared.

Is there a built-in function that will blink an output?
Re: Is there a BLINK function?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:58:44 PM »
Yes and no... please have a play with the PMC and see if that helps you. The PMC is a really great tool to make code without "programing". This should do everything you looking to do!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:38:18 PM »
And the "PMC" is?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »
The video is old but it is a really cool tool (and we made a manual for it )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhH9qyjjf0

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 04:29:52 PM »
I haven't used the PMC.  I may have to give it a try on machines that I don't put a PLC on. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 10:07:50 PM »
Brian  i never try use the "PMC" but on other hand i did lot Lua works on mach4,is there some features that i miss?
i mean is there other options that only "PMC" can do but Lua programing cant?(i not  use lath)
thks
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 06:41:06 AM »
The way I like to use the PMC is as a tool to run Lua script. It is really cool because it gives you a place to do actions that will not need to do anything with the screen. Also you can have a nice visual way to see when the code should run. At the end of the day it is making Lua code for you and it is hitting the API interface like everything else. It is worth a look!

www.machsupport.com