Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:19:41 AM

Author Topic: Connecting outputs to Mach 3???  (Read 8824 times)

Connecting outputs to Mach 3???
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »
We have almost competed a conversion of a Bridgeport mill - We have three axis working & we have the spindle going forward and reverse.  Hooray.  We are using Mach3, C11g brake out board (from cnc4pc) , Opto 22 relays, Gecko 320 drives.  In Mach 3 we have addressed the pins to the outputs from the pc to the C11g board.  We want to run the pneumatic speed control, pneumatic brake.  My question is how do we get Mach 3 to connect with the output information and actuate those out puts?  We know we am missing it.  Are we suppose to create buttons on Mach 3?  We sure would appreciate some help. Thanks

Best regards
wld99
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:37:15 AM by wld99 »
Re: Connecting outputs to Mach 3???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »
Are you looking to make a button on the screen that will make the spindle speed go up and down??? IF you are looking to do that I think you should have a look at the Brains video's online... this is the newest way that we have to make outputs work :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Connecting outputs to Mach 3???
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:49 PM »
Greetings Brian Barker

Thanks for the information.  I have looked at the Brains it is nice to know that is the "newest way to make outputs work"  I will study it further.  Also placing the buttons on the screens using screen 4.  I guess I'll burning some new brains myself.

Thanks for the help
wld99
William Day