Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:19:24 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 configuration manual  (Read 3112 times)

Re: Mach 4 configuration manual
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
Will do Brian
May take me a while tomorrow.

Are you maybe suggesting it is up to CNC drive to provide the appropriate settings.
Their manual for UC100 only covers M3
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »
Hi,
CNCDrive is the manufacturer of UCCNC software, a competitor to Mach4 and NFS.

With all the good will in the world its hard to imagine CNCDrive would be overly concerned about their Mach4 plugin, they'd rather have
you buy UCCNC instead.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »
We tested the UC100 and it is working fine putting out the PWM so I think it is just a setting we need to get sorted
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 08:57:57 AM »
Hi,
CNCDrive is the manufacturer of UCCNC software, a competitor to Mach4 and NFS.

With all the good will in the world its hard to imagine CNCDrive would be overly concerned about their Mach4 plugin, they'd rather have
you buy UCCNC instead.

Craig

I have tried  UCCNC on the mill and it seems OK  but I am told that the lathe function is inadequate.The more I look around  , the more I see that lathe users are not well catered for
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »
John,
Can you provide me with the PWM settings you had for MACH3 previously?
If you can do this I will figure out the translation from MACH3 to MACH4 to get your PWM correct.
As of right now the UC100 PWM settings function properly within MACH4.
Giving the proper pulse width at the correct RPM with the correct frequency (I have examples if you'd like to see them).
The units used for frequency aren't specified in the MACH3 dialogs so we'll have to do some deciphering but that's not an issue.
Also could you please provide me with the build number of your Mach3 version (this may play a role in how the software behaves during my testing).
Once I have these things it shouldn't take me long to translate this.
We'll get this!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »
Hi Goomba
These are the settings  which work fine on my lathe in Mach 3  .

It  wont  accept  spindle ratios .    so I just alter motor speeds until I get a reasonable true speed reading
I am confident that my true speed readings are good..  Checked with mechanical tacho.

Cant get to build number at the moment . Computer is set up for another job . Shout if you cant do without it .

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »
We tested the UC100 and it is working fine putting out the PWM so I think it is just a setting we need to get sorted

Hi Brian
No doubt you see the settings I attached for Goomba
Attached here too
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 08:28:09 AM »
Great we will sort this tomorrow, I don’t have any stuff to test here :( I the ratios I know work well so we will come up with a good config
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 10:31:47 AM »
Hey John,
Alright so I loaded up your PWM setting into MACH3 and found that you're running at 100Hz, which is fine. So now we need to get MACH4 to replicate that. So I would take the following steps to ensure your setup is correct in MACH4.
1: Configure > Plugins > UC100
2: Set the Spindle frequency to 100
Now we know the correct frequency is chosen we can make sure the MACH4 spindle parameters are correct.
1: (still in MACH4) Configure > Control > *Top right hand corner of dialog box* hit the right arrow until you see the spindle tab. Then click it.
2: Once at the spindle tab set your max RPM to the RPM you had set in the MACH3 for your spindle pulleys. (MACH3 > Config > Spindle Pulleys.)
This way we know we're working apples to apples.
Once you do this you should be in working order, however I know this can be troublesome so if you don't get it right away let me know and we'll find out where you went wrong.
The pulse width is based upon the maximum RPM the spindle is allowed.
If screenshots would help just ask and I'll post them up for you.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 07:32:14 PM »
Will try those settings tomorrow .
Is there an option to select different pulley ratios ?

Will try this and report back