Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:56:27 AM

Author Topic: "update" to counts per unit calculator  (Read 1286 times)

"update" to counts per unit calculator
« on: October 22, 2020, 12:54:40 AM »
hope i don't tread on any toes with this but just delete this post if so.

I needed a quicker way to update counts per units so i created this. It grabs the current counts depending on the radio button axis selected. it seems to work just like the one included in the default Mach4 installation except it only calcs to 4 units of precision.

The update counts button is experimental. it looks like it only updates the counts on the fly and not across restarts and it won't update the units when you re-select the radio button for that axis. so once you get your counts locked in, just remember to set that value in the Mach config for that motor.

Just extract and put the attached file in the wizards directory to use it

i'll was probably going to put zero button in there too for the axis selected and change the counts per in the text box for the axis when press set counts

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:01:46 AM by compewter_numerical »

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: "update" to counts per unit calculator
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Nice job.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 04:54:52 AM »
You can use mcProfileFlush and mcProfileSave after setting the steps to save the values to the config.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 03:44:36 AM »
You can use mcProfileFlush and mcProfileSave after setting the steps to save the values to the config.

that worked thanks!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:51:46 AM by compewter_numerical »
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »
okay done messing with it. seems to work

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 11:41:28 AM »
I'm using the Steps Per Unit Calculator Basic  Wizard and can't get it to work. The issue in these posts seems to be that it doesn't work in Imperial units. My issue is a little more basic: I get a message in the Status Bar saying "Line 0, Unknown GCode Used". Though my machine is set up in mm I tried it with both Metric and Imperial units and I still get the same message. Any ideas?