Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:14:54 PM

Author Topic: Converted Bridgeport Mill  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Converted Bridgeport Mill
« on: October 25, 2020, 03:39:53 AM »

I am selling my converted manual Bridgeport mill.

I blew the bank on it and used AC servos, a new ballscrew kit, quality CSMIO ethernet controller etc, It does run Mach3 but thats not been an issue at all. It uses a custom screen-set for all controls.

As usual it never got 100% finished, i never even got round to fitting the control cabinet door :) But it is 100% functional and well tested.

Uses BT30 tooling of which there is a serious amount. Top speed is 4000rpm via 3Hp sensorless vector drive motor, it will do rigid tapping pretty well, i have only used it up to 8mm though. Tool-height offset is done via the knee so you keep the full spindle travel on all tooling lengths - this is a big bonus.

There is a probe, only a budget one but it works very well, a tool-height setter, all the spanners and tools etc plus many of the parts from the manual mill - hand knobs etc in a box somewhere plus the original R8 spindle and bearings.

I have done some stunning work on her, i used Fusion 360 for code with a mildly custom post-processor. I can give some of my files so you have a reference to look at.  I might even still have the Fusion Post-Processor. Can also show it running if you want a viewing and run through the usage.

The big downside is that to get the mill out, the bed and long ball screw will have to come off - it needs to go through a 1m gap that was not there when it came in. This is not too hard, pulling the bed is fairly easy on a BP, i can give guidance but can't do any heavy lifting etc - one of my reasons for selling up is my collapsing knee joints 

Sound like something interesting????
Re: Converted Bridgeport Mill
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 02:23:57 PM »
hi
where is this located and how much you asking?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Converted Bridgeport Mill
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
Mill is now sold, apologies for not updating