Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:10:14 AM

Author Topic: Lost steps after reset or e-stop  (Read 881 times)

Lost steps after reset or e-stop
« on: January 06, 2021, 08:16:07 AM »
Hello, i'm new to Mach3 and i have the following problem: if i stop my milling machine on rapid movement with e-stop or reset, it stops very abrupt and sometimes the steppers are loosing steps (0.1-1 mm!). If i hit the reset button during slow speed, it stops without loosing steps. The spindle speed and acceleration settings seems to be ok during milling. The machine is ok and looses never steps. Only on e-stop/reset during fast speed. Is there a way to set the "emergency stop" acceleration?

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Lost steps after reset or e-stop
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:20:46 AM »
After an E-stop or Reset, Mach can not guarantee the position of your machine. Specially as the lookahead buffer is emptied after one of these two actions.
If you want to keep position of the machine, you should first FeedHold the program and then Stop it.
So, after e-stop/reset you have to home your machine as the position is, for sure, lost.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:33:48 AM »
That's not a good solution, but i good idea! Thanks!  I will try to set a button on the ShuttlePro...

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
That is the ONLY solution for maintaining machine coordinates
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »
Hi,
an EStop aborts the remaining moves in he motion buffer and will almost certainly cause loss of position reference,
FeedHold on the other hand allows those buffered move to execute and then the machine stops, usually 0.1-0.3 seconds
worth of movement.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'