Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:27:15 AM

Author Topic: Updating to Mach4 and have questions  (Read 1763 times)

Re: Updating to Mach4 and have questions
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »
Tweakie and Joe thank you both.

I think Im going to go with the single ESS and split to my existing BOB's. If I go with the Hicon it appears that I will need to rewire the step and direction signals to my Geckos.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 05:12:04 PM »
Hi,
do you wish to plug/unplug the ribbon cable OR use 17 change over relays (per parallel port equiv.) OR use an electronic
'Diverter'?.

Note 'Diverter' is my own term, its not in any tech dictionary somewhere (to my knowledge). What is does is when one digital input,
or alternately a miniature toggle switch, is set: all the IO from the ESS is directed to one ribbon cable socket, and when the input (or
switch) is un-set: all the IO is directed to the alternate ribbon cable socket.

I have started this morning drawing up a circuit diagram and it looks as I could do it with 5 74LS126 IC's, which if you use the
SIOC surface mount version of the IC could be done in a circuit board of less than 70mm x 70mm. Even if you use the DIP through hole
variant the board would still be less than 70mm x 140mm.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »
I will just swap out the cable when needed. I have been doing it for a long time. Not a big deal. Just would be nice not too but I think i will try to keep it simple as I can.

Is there a source for the board and cables that is a "friend" of the forum? Would like to purchase from someone who supports the forum.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:33:34 PM by stevehuck »