Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:29:24 PM

Author Topic: New Laser Profile help M11/M10 PWM  (Read 779 times)

New Laser Profile help M11/M10 PWM
« on: December 25, 2020, 03:47:41 PM »
I am setting up an Endurance laser on my CNC router part machine. It runs and ethernet smoothstepper and I am using Mach 3. I have a BoB connected to the ESS with a ribbon cable. I have the laser wired to Pin 17 on the BOB

I have played with the setting in Mach 3 and followed set up instructions and videos but I am still not getting the laser to fire with PWM control. I have updated my ESS plugin also.

So in my case. I have my BoB plugged into Port 3 of the ESS. I have wired the laser to pin 17 on the BOB. Does this mean in motor output I should have Pin 17 port 3 defined in the motor outputs tab?

Because this is wired to port 3 of the ESS does this mean that i should have output 3 in the output signals tab defined in the output signals tab? Should this be defined as Pin 17 port 3

Does this also mean that I should have M11/10Px mapped to output 3 in the Main ESS config in the outputs mode section?

In the spindle set up section should the relay control for M3 and M4 be set to 3 also?

I'm also wondering I have an issue with how the g-code is set up??? How should the g-code be set up to initiate the laser? I feel like something is wrong here also.

It is my understanding that the m11 command should read as M11Px where X is the output defined in the screens above.

On top of all of this can I hook up the main power of the laser box to my relay output of my CNC control box?

I know my solution is some combination of all of this stuff. but for the life of me I can not figure this out. any and all help is appreciated!
Re: New Laser Profile help M11/M10 PWM
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 02:58:50 PM »
I got this running finally. I'll send screens of my set up in a bit.