Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:57:27 AM

Author Topic: Fusion 360 / Autodesk Post Processors.  (Read 14082 times)

Re: Fusion 360 / Autodesk Post Processors.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 11:42:11 PM »
As a temporary ‘workaround’ until you get a post processor sorted, it is no real problem to use Notepad ‘Find and Replace’ function to automatically change every M11P1 to M62P1 and then every M10P1 to M63P1 (or whatever P#) to convert a Mach3 laser Gcode to a Mach4 laser Gcode.

Tweakie.

I've changed my fusion post processor to the "mach 3 laser" one that was posted here, and managed to get fusion to spit out G code. first issue was it kicking me an error saying that UCCNC needs me to put "compensation in computer not in controller..." for something. I'm using an ethernet smooth stepper so... eh? the post was clearly made for UCCNC.

I got it to spit out a simple circle and square g code, and did like you said, find / replace the m11 to m62 commands and m10 to m63. that at least made it able to move and perform the toolpath, but the laser will not fire. I have a manual 5v button I have wired and confirmed that I can force the laser to fire, and I also have it set up in mach 4 with the laser screen- if I hit the TEST LASER button, I can make Mach fire it from that screen. I can also fire the laser in mach if I reassign it to something like a coolant pin output or something... anyways, mach can fire it, and I'm SO CLOSE. but I can't seem to get the g code to fire it. any ideas? M62 and m63 isnt doing anything when I run it.

thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 12:56:21 AM »
Perhaps re-trace your steps…

Go through the ESS laser set-up details here;   https://www.warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#LaserSetup
And carefully check that you have completed each step correctly.

My original ESS / Mach4 laser test file is  ‘Star Trek.tap’ located in the .zip file here; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=18345.0
Run this Gcode and if you have set everything up according to the ESS set-up details then your laser will fire correctly.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 09:32:18 PM »
I have edited the mach4laser.cps file to automatically enable, fire, and set the power of the laser.  All of my changes to the file have comments.
You set the power of the laser (and feedrates) in the Cutting Data section of a Laser cutter tool.  Create a tool for your laser and add Cutting Data for each material and thickness.  The post processor uses the Cut power field (as a percent) to set the power of the laser.  So, 100 is full power.
The processor sets the laser frequency to 5000 since that is what my laser needed.  If you need a different frequency, search for "LASER_VECTOR_FREQUENCY=" and change the value as needed.
To-Dos:
I would eventually like it to automatically set the laser head height above the stock based on the tool Cut Height setting, but I was able to get my projects complete by manually setting the Z height.
I would also like be able to manually change the power in the 2D Profile operation, the way you can change the feedrate.  But I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
It also does not do anything to turn on or off air assist.  I have a separate power switch for my laser that also triggers my air assist solenoid.
It would also be nice to be able to set the number of passes necessary in the Cutting Data.  Currently, I just run my file again if I need multiple passes.