Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:21:42 AM

Author Topic: Finding full list of functions  (Read 1331 times)

Finding full list of functions
« on: December 12, 2020, 01:20:35 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this forum.  I built my own Saturn 4x4 machine with Mach 4 controlling a ESS smooth stepper.  I have a programming background, but not with Mach 4.  I have been looking at the script examples and understand some of the code, but I am looking for a listing of the functions (mc.----) calls in the script.    Where can I find a list with an explanation of what they do?
My goal is to create a point cloud using a probe of 3d object.  I have not found this data file creating capability in Mach 4.
Hope to hear from someone.
Craig
Re: Finding full list of functions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 02:31:53 PM »
in the lua examples folder
C:\Mach4Hobby\LuaExamples\ProbeToFile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »
C:\Mach4Hobby\Docs\Mach4CoreAPI.chm contains all mc. functions
https://www.wxwidgets.org/ for wx information
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »
Hi,
to record a point cloud look in Mach4Hobby/LuaExamples/ProbeToFile and there you will find two macros m400 and m401.
They can handily be used a basis for a point cloud data file.

When I started with Mach4 I had, and still do have quite a battle understanding the wx.Widgets dialogues. The file dialouge in
the above examples have been huge in my learning curve to the extent I can now (haltingly!) roll my own file dialogues.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 08:51:48 AM »
Craig not trying to hijack this thread, but I use WX form builder to make the dialogs. It can save a ton of time. I have done them before with no wisig but it’s really not fun. Having said that the bolt hole pattern wizard is really cool, you tell it what you want and it will build the dialog. Hope that helps
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
Hi Brian,
yes I have started using wxFormBuilder an it certainly helps.

The wx.Widgets reference is written by geeks for other geeks and written in geekese.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »
I like to think I am not one of them, but sadly after all the years I think I have been lying to myself.

If you need any other samples tell me. I only made a bunch of the examples because I thought people would modify them and turn them into what they needed. I can convert some geek into “normal” talk... but as a friend told me that dose real-time motion control, no one here is normal! Lol
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 07:46:27 PM »
Hi Brian,

I only made a bunch of the examples because I thought people would modify them and turn them into what they needed

That is exactly how I treated them and the file dialog in particular has been extremely helpful as an example, and I have modified and remodified
on a number of occasions to suit the need de-jour.

Craig

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 09:42:24 PM »
The wxLua samples can also be pretty helpful to see how the wxWidgets stuff is implemented in Lua.

https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/tree/master/wxLua/samples
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 10:45:01 AM »