Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 03:52:04 PM

Author Topic: problems with cutting text, machine not following toolpath. fusion360-pmdx-mach4  (Read 1303 times)

So I am using fusion 360 for cad and cam and mach4 and a pmdx 424 control board on a router table.  I have a custom font downloaded and have used explode text and the extrude function to make a shallow pocket and used 3d adaptive clearing to generate a flat shallow cutout of the text.  The cam file simulates perfectly in fusion. 
I haven't used this router table in almost a year so I had some difficulty getting it set back up but once I did I tried to cut this file and have had nothing but problems.  I had to change all my pulse/step settings to get correct jog distances and I fought with the old inch/mm jog bug which prompted me to update to the current version of mach 4.  I had to mess with the units for about an hour to get the machine to jog 1mm when set to metric instead of 1 inch.  After all this I made a test cut of a simple 10mm circular pocket which cut perfectly and is 10mm as intended however when I try to cut this text file it makes a mess of it even though it shows up nicely in the preview window the machine doesn't follow the green toolpath correctly.  I have attached a couple pictures.  the one of the cut preview shows how the white cutpath did not line up with or follow the green projected path.  I am totally stumped.