Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:14:27 PM

Author Topic: Unable to run x,y or z access.  (Read 862 times)

Unable to run x,y or z access.
« on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »
I have been running fine on win10 with my 3018MX3 and mach3.  I purchased a license and started with this software in June and have been using it ever since.  Last night I shut down my pc and cnc and when I returned to it today I am unable to control any movements. I can still however manually turn on my spindle motor.

Does anyone have any ideas? Anything else you need to help me troubleshoot.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to run x,y or z access.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 01:42:29 AM »
You may have acidentally corrupted your .xml profile. Try returning to an earlier profile which was working correctly. Operator / Restore Settings  (follow on-screen directions)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »
You may have acidentally corrupted your .xml profile. Try returning to an earlier profile which was working correctly. Operator / Restore Settings  (follow on-screen directions)

Tweakie.

Thank you for the reply,   i had to go in and rebuild the output ports,  I wish I would have seen this before unhinging everything, I think I am back up.   I even had to recalibrate everything.  Let's see how it goes today.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
SO my rebuild apparently is wrong, my product is now being carved undersize.  when I try a restore I get error found, Art code 9991, attempt recovery?  and then when I click yes it triggers the same message.  error triggered.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 01:03:33 AM »
SO my rebuild apparently is wrong, my product is now being carved undersize.

Run the Axis Calibration feature (Settings page) just to check that you have your Steps per Unit set correctly for each axis.

Tweakie.
PEACE