Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:44:09 AM

Author Topic: Z stall  (Read 2539 times)

Z stall
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:51:14 PM »
Hey Good Folks,

Been a lurker for a while, but now have a ligit problem I need some direction with. I'm running a Minitech MiniMill2 cutting wax for jewelry models, creating G-code with DeskProto.

The issue is a momentary stall in Z. This happens when begining side 2 of a 2 sided "auto flip" routine, Z will stall on the way down from safe Z height. It happens when chaining the sides in DP. I noticed with the files I manually chained in notepad it seemed not to happen, untill yesterday. The manually chained files contain a M05 before safe Z height and rotation then M03 into side 2. I seems to happen with larger files.

At this point I have been in contact with DeskProto support and the problem is mysterious. Jack at Minitech has called several time and the work around was concluded the spindel stop/start seemed to give a pause that would prevent the error.

Now I'm leaning toward the PC may be the culprit. It is reformatted machine with a partition, F: being the larger portion of the hard drive. I noticed when loading the newer ver of Mach the wizard defaults to C:.

Please help me track this bugger down ???

Sananda