Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:00:24 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 - Physical Limits and Homing  (Read 1784 times)

Mach3 - Physical Limits and Homing
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:08:45 AM »
Hi,
I have zero experience with CNC in general.
I have 3 axis gantry connected to this controller: ( https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electronicsAndMotors-electronic-component-breakout-Mach3-USB-Board )
I'm using Mach3 to operate this. I managed to set up soft limits and homing and now I'm really struggling to set up the physical sensors.
Here are my problems:

1. The controller has 4 inputs. I can  connect 3 limit switches to a single input (one for each axis). OK so far.
    The seller suggest to connect all 3 home switches (which are limit switches as well) to another input. I don't understand how homing can work this way. once one of the home switches is triggered, the rest are irrelevant in this configuration. What am i missing?

3. it seems the limit switch triggers emergency stop that requires Reset of the system in mach3 program. However reset cannot be done until the limit switch is released. but i cannot move until I reset the system. So i'm in deadlock. what am i missing here?   

2. in Mach3: Config -> Ports & Pins -> Input Signals -> EStop is set to Input1 and cannot be disabled after saving the configuration the EStop remains enabled.

Thank you in advance

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 - Physical Limits and Homing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:22:33 AM »
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.