Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:23:42 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 losing Home position  (Read 885 times)

Mach 4 losing Home position
« on: October 09, 2020, 03:07:21 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing loss of home position. After I reference Mach 4, then establish my work offset. Mach 4 will flake out more often than not lately and lose its home position. So when I run a part program. The machine will tell me some axis is over its travel limit if it makes that move. Then I have to re home the machine and go through the process of reestablishing my work offsets again. After doing this a second time the machine usually doesn't give me a problem and I can run my part after that, but you can see that If I have to do this every time I run my machine it gets pretty old real fast.
Re: Mach 4 losing Home position
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »
One thing that can cause similar strange behavior is a limit switch that false triggers from vibration. Some G-code files might be setting up a resonance whereas others do not.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
I don't have limit switches installed yet. I am referencing to a known position that I setup when i shut the machine down. So when I start it up and press reference all it zeroes where it is, then turns on the soft limits so I can't over travel.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:49:53 AM »
in mach you can see the "yellow box" with soft limit and the tool path ,so you can see if yours origin is "move"
i think also its tell you which line is the problem so you can understand which axiss make that
do you use G54 or working only by machine origin?