Hello Guest it is September 27, 2021, 08:38:11 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 losing Home position  (Read 352 times)

Mach 4 losing Home position
« on: October 09, 2020, 03:07:21 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing loss of home position. After I reference Mach 4, then establish my work offset. Mach 4 will flake out more often than not lately and lose its home position. So when I run a part program. The machine will tell me some axis is over its travel limit if it makes that move. Then I have to re home the machine and go through the process of reestablishing my work offsets again. After doing this a second time the machine usually doesn't give me a problem and I can run my part after that, but you can see that If I have to do this every time I run my machine it gets pretty old real fast.
Re: Mach 4 losing Home position
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »
One thing that can cause similar strange behavior is a limit switch that false triggers from vibration. Some G-code files might be setting up a resonance whereas others do not.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
I don't have limit switches installed yet. I am referencing to a known position that I setup when i shut the machine down. So when I start it up and press reference all it zeroes where it is, then turns on the soft limits so I can't over travel.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:49:53 AM »
in mach you can see the "yellow box" with soft limit and the tool path ,so you can see if yours origin is "move"
i think also its tell you which line is the problem so you can understand which axiss make that
do you use G54 or working only by machine origin?