Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:42:07 AM

Author Topic: Auto Tool Zero without Z surface  (Read 1480 times)

Auto Tool Zero without Z surface
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:45:20 PM »
Hello,

I have my auto tool button functioning fine with my probe however it does not help me when doing carvings and such that remove the surface z datum. What I want to be able to do is fixate the probe somewhere and do this:

Current tool -> click auto tool zero -> touch probe -> store Z value in variable -> Retract to g28 -1mm then:
Change tool -> click auto tool zero again -> touch probe -> set z value to stored value -> retract to g28 -1mm -> tool change complete -> cycle start continues the code

I have completely removed my M6start and m6end to avoid any collision. For some reason when it would return to previous location after tool change sometimes it would lower the z to the previous z and just dragged across the workpiece. This way when I am done I'm above the part and the g code will rapid to location before the toolpath start anyways so I'm safe.

Even if I could just have a simple script that goes to the probe and just touches it and waits for me that would even help. Right now what I am doing is touching it manually by jogging it down slowly and seeing the diagnostic probe button register the touch, then I write down the z value on paper, then I touch the next tool and enter in this value manually. This is unreliable and tedious because the registering of the touch is not precise or accurate its by hand.

I do programming but not visual basic. If anyone can tell me if this is even possible or if you have a better method to not have to rely on the z surface and still be able to change the tool properly using the probe fixated then please your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool Zero without Z surface
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 07:33:10 PM »
You can  Set where you want to Measure the Tool.
Normally, the place that will not be machined.
1. In Mach3, Click "Settings (Alt-6)" on the Menu.
2. Then enter where you want in the X & Y DRO's
3. Under the "Tool Change Location" label.

You can use SIMPLE m6Start.m1s
with following contents:
   tool = GetSelectedTool()
   SetCurrentTool( tool )

GageH = GetOEMDRO(1001)   

Code"G0 G53 Z0"

Xpos = GetUserDro(1200)
   Ypos = GetUserDro(1201)
   Code"G0 G53 X" & Xpos & "Y" & Ypos

cr = Chr(13)
msg = "Please Change The Tool" & cr  & cr & "Then Press [Auto Tool Zero]" & cr
msg = msg & "------- ------  -----------------------"  & cr  & cr
msg = msg & "Then Press [Cycle Start]"
MsgBox(msg)   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:40:16 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool Zero without Z surface
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 06:35:38 AM »
The easiest way is to use 2 (two) touch plates. One movable for setting first tool on top of your material and one atfixed position to measure each subsequent tool when you don't have the same Z0 level due to first carving.
All of that can be found in Big-Tex tool setter screen set.
Search this forum, I've posted a link for download.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.