Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:17:21 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/ip-A no encoder feedback / readout  (Read 2080 times)

CSMIO/ip-A no encoder feedback / readout
« on: May 09, 2020, 07:36:10 AM »
Hi,

I will use a CSMIO/IP-A controller to retrofit a waterjet. The waterjet has analog servodrives, so i bought the analog version of the csmio. The plan is to use MACH 4 on a WIN 10 notebook to control the machine. I did some tests with the drives, but i get no encoder feedback. Mach 4 is disabled and i turn the encoder, no change on the DRO of the axes position. Yesterday I tried on a WIN 7 notebook and MACH 4, same Problem, no encoder feedback. Then i tried on the same notebook and MACH 3 with the CSMIO (flashed the older firmware v2... on the controller) and now i get the encoder feedback. If I turn the encoder the DRO of the axis position changes. Conclusion: There is a Problem with MACH 4 and the new plugin (latest Version v3....) of CSMIO.
The support of cs-lab is not useful, they only give you some very basic information.

Did someone have the same problem and could solve it?

Beste Regards
hape

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO/ip-A no encoder feedback / readout
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »
Why would you expect mach4 to change when disabled.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
That is the normal behavior. Th CS-lab support told me that too. If MACH is enabled then it will show the calculated values, if it is disabled then it show the readings from the encoder directly. So if you disable the machine ( and you have no breaks on the axis) you can push your axis by hand and MACH will know the correct position of the axis. Then you can enable your machine and work on without referencing the machine again.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »
Normally on a servo system when you disable mach you disable the drives too and then they output nothing
Without engineers the world stops