Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:54:26 AM

Author Topic: Emergency estop Active  (Read 947 times)

Emergency estop Active
« on: August 27, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »
Could use a little help. I'm running a 5x10 plasma table since 2010 with Mach 3 ... in 2015 I upgraded to the CandCNC blade runner. Never have had an issue all has been great.

UNTIL today ... in the middle of cutting the torch stopped dead in its tracks ... hit the reset button and nothing its still locked in place, I have shut down, rebooted and still dead. The diagnostics window shows "Emergency estop Active" How do I overcome this? Is it the Command CandCNC bladerunner issue? They tell me they no longer support Mach they are now Linux ... I can send them the command box to be checked (2 week turn around).

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated .... thank you!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency estop Active
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 01:42:50 AM »
My first thought would be an input wire (limit switch, home switch, Estop, probe, etc.) disconnected or bad switch.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 06:40:14 AM »
My first thought would be an input wire (limit switch, home switch, Estop, probe, etc.) disconnected or bad switch.

Tweakie.

Thank you for the reply ... to my knowledge the only switches I have are the ones for the floating head and Ohmic ... unless there are switches that coulb be in my CandCNC command box?? Ohmic still lights up and I'd assume the switch for the floating head is working because it sat down sensed the material and then raised to the cut height and was cutting fine and then simply stopped.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 07:06:44 AM »
They would be switches (or proximity sensors) which input to Mach3.
Do you have an Estop button on your machine ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
They would be switches (or proximity sensors) which input to Mach3.
Do you have an Estop button on your machine ?

Tweakie.

If your asking do I have an actual button on the system somewhere that I can manually push to estop ... No sir I do not.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 03:48:25 AM »
Unfortunately I have no other suggestions other than perhaps thoroughly check all your cables and connectors for damage and also check your PC and control box for dust / contamination.

Tweakie.
PEACE