Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:38:26 AM

Author Topic: External Controller Advice  (Read 576 times)

External Controller Advice
« on: August 26, 2020, 09:35:10 PM »
Hi Everyone

I've just started at a company that has a "NC Plaz Compact" plasma cutter, which is connected to a Windows XP machine via a parallel cable.
As part of the IT team, I'm a bit nervous that the computer running Mach3 going to fail on us any minute and result in a panic to get everything running on something newer. From what I've read around here already, I'll need an external controller to be able to function on a 64-bit OS (likely on a PC without a parallel port as well).

Unfortunately the company that supplied the cutter, Design Correlations, has gone bust. This leaves me with no leads to chase up a compatible controller.

I was hoping someone might have some advice on purchasing a controller for this particular cutter? That or if there are 'generic' controllers that tend to work with most.

Thanks very much in advance!

Tim
Re: External Controller Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:47:31 AM »
Hi,
at the current time the Ethernet SmoothStepper, breakout board of your choice and a TMC troch height control
partnered with Mach4 offer the best overall solution for plasma with Mach as CNC software. The TMC anti-dive routines are
class leading.

raig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'