Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:40:03 PM

Author Topic: Spindle Error: e.ou.a, e.ou.n upon accelerating spindle. Any ideas?  (Read 1601 times)

Hey guys. Thanks in advance for your help.

A few weeks ago, I bought this spindle https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I didn't have time to set it up until just recently.

It's a 2.2 kw 220v spindle with a matching HY style vfd. I set it up on Sunday, and it worked perfectly. On Monday, I started it and it made a noise like it was starting but it did not start, and it got hot to the touch (even though coolant was flowing through it). I realized that I did not set the ground on the spindle input wiring, so I did that. Then, when I started it up again, the spindle turned slightly and then immediately I got an e.ou.a error. I looked it up and it seems like it's a voltage error, but I have no idea how to fix it.

My wiring setup can be seen below. The two wires going out from the 220v input are connected to the water pump that cools my spindle. I have not connected this VFD to my breakout board yet, though after I get it running that's definitely on the to-do list.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm really hoping that this is just an issue with my wiring and that I don't have to replace the VFD.

Thanks again!
Re: Spindle Error: e.ou.a, e.ou.n upon accelerating spindle. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
Not sure if you are in the USA or not.

One of the first things I would personally do is make the wiring more correct.
I assume the power cord is the beige cable with three wires, the white and black wires should supply the 220v and the green should be the ground wire connected to terminal 9
The 4 wires to the spindle I am unsure of as I don't have its connector for reference, but whichever wire seems electrically connected to its case should be the ground wire.

Marsha
Re: Spindle Error: e.ou.a, e.ou.n upon accelerating spindle. Any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
Hey Marsha,

You're right, the beige chord is the power chord. Since I'm in the U.S, I connected the outlet plug myself, and while the wires were not the correct colors, they are in the right places. I actually fixed the spindle issue today -- it was an issue of not having the right settings.

When talking to the manufacturer, one of the things that I was told to do was to disconnect the ground wire from the vfd. I was told that the ground wire was not needed. Is this correct? It seems highly dangerous to me.