Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:52:04 AM

Author Topic: edge finding/2.5D probing  (Read 128715 times)

vmax549

Re: edge finding/2.5D probing
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »
Stirling that is a great routine we are doing some arrays for probing. We are over in the topic G31 probing arrays stop by and have some fun.

Mike could use your routine to probe the guitar(;-)

Is the routine available to test yet???

(;-)TP
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 01:44:42 PM »
Oh Stirling.............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You have made my day.

Terry thanks for the heads up. This is exactly what I need.

Now do you guys think we can bribe Art and Brian into adding this to the 3d plugin to set a boundry for 3d probing. This would cut so much excess time for me due the odd shapes I have to probe. Hey I'm not above begging either! ;D

Mike

ps Stirling I haven't read the whole thread.....so how do I get this goodie?

vmax549

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
MIKE this one or the array type can do what you need to set the boundary for the 3d plugin. You will not need fine resolution as you are just doing a boundary survey to set up the 3d routine. All they need is the point file to calculate the boundary. They could easily set the XYZ boundary to probe.(;-)

Problem is that ART and company are so swamped that it will be HARD to get anyone interested in MORE work(;-(

THe only hope we have is that when ART is really retired HE will want to do some of that fancy sawdust slinging and will need a good probing routine to make life easier. Drop him an email and invite him to drop by our topics and have some fun.

Hopefully someone will come along that can do the programming of the plugin or A wizard for that matter, for what you need.

Stirling please keep us up to date on where you are at.    LOOKS GOOD DUDE.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:49:04 PM by vmax549 »

vmax549

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »
Stirling what you find on the G31 stopping work around??  I think I know what is causing it. It is a combo of switch jitter and it confuses Mach sometimes.
(tp)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »
Hi Guys. Thanks for the positive comments. I just need to do a little more testing and tidy things up a bit and then I'll post it for you and anyone else that wants to test it out.

TP - The workaround was to find a way of taking the G31 "code" command/statement out of the VB search routine. In it's current implementation when G31 fails to touch something several times, it corrupts the VB stack.

Cheers

Ian

vmax549

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »
Stirling I have also found that MACH will choke on the math inside of a Gcode program using gcode variables  if you use cos,sin to calculate the next positional move of a g31 position. It will throw an error and stop, but a cycle start push will get it running again.

(;-) TP
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 02:34:05 PM »
Terry is this where you have to wait for the color of the cycle start button to change before pushing it?

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »
MIke I have it worked out now. It was a time constrant problem with Mach running out of time to process each leg of the array on the fly. I fixed the problem. I will update the files tonight.
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 01:20:20 AM »
Hello stirling,

Any updates?

Mike

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
Hi Mike

Sorry - been off the case for a while - too much to do too little time  :'(. Hopefully I'll have something usable to post in a couple of days.

Cheers

Ian