Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:44:20 AM

Author Topic: Help! Changing from Mach3 to Mach4. Having issues.  (Read 1189 times)

Help! Changing from Mach3 to Mach4. Having issues.
« on: August 10, 2020, 09:40:42 PM »
Hi. I've given up on Mach3 after seeing what Mach4 can do. I had a USB Smoothstepper which was always buggy. I purchased the ESS from CNC4PC already. I bought the license for Mach4 Hobby, and installed in on the new Win 10 - 64 bit computer running the machine. Now I'm back home with the old Win XP computer, pulling setting off and trying to build a profile on my home PC (Win 10 - 64 bit) to take and transfer to the shop machine tomorrow.
I'm watching videos about how to get into the Demo version and run simulator and such, but I don't have the settings like the guy in the video does. What gives?
Re: Help! Changing from Mach3 to Mach4. Having issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »
I did get it to show me the Mach section under configure, by selecting "static GUI" instead of "Mach4 GUI". But it still does not let me enable the simulation.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 10:34:31 PM »
I'm also getting these errors. I guess I'll search them and see what I find.
Setting up Mach4. Having issues.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
Ok, so apparently you have to go into properties and run it as administrator to unlock access to certain privileges.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 11:27:56 PM »
Getting closer to having it figured out, but now I have no way to set up the motors...? I can't access the boxes to change the values.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 11:40:56 PM »
Ok, even before I can set up the motors, I can jog around. making progress.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 02:50:53 AM »
You have to select the motor from the list on the right hand side (i.e. click on the text that says 'Motor0', not the checkbox) and then the boxes will populate with settings for that motor.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 09:30:34 AM »
You have to select the motor from the list on the right hand side (i.e. click on the text that says 'Motor0', not the checkbox) and then the boxes will populate with settings for that motor.

wow. that was so easy. lol.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »
My spindle is a variable speed head which is adjusted by hand. So in Mach3 I had only programmed on/off for CW only. I mill threads, so I never use reverse. For small threads I've used a reversing tapping head. The Mach4 spindle configuration is a bit confusing right now, but I'm sure I can manipulate the post processor to simply turn the spindle on/off.