Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:09:08 AM

Author Topic: Adding a plugin & lost Machine diagnostics  (Read 2170 times)

Adding a plugin & lost Machine diagnostics
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:05:15 AM »
I'm well on the way with my new machine setup using ESS & Mach4 Hobby
All drives and home/limits switches are now working.
I'm using the standard Screen set and I don't have a 'Machine diagnostics tab' nor can I find where to load a new Plugin.
Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

George
One step at a time!
Re: Adding a plugin & lost Machine diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 07:48:54 AM »
It looks like the standard WX4Router screen set does not have diagnostic tab added, so how do we do that ?
Also the Add plugin was hiding :-) under the control config tab.

I'm well on the way with my new machine setup using ESS & Mach4 Hobby
All drives and home/limits switches are now working.
I'm using the standard Screen set and I don't have a 'Machine diagnostics tab' nor can I find where to load a new Plugin.
Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
I have the exact same problem.  Should I have used a differnt default than wXRouter?  Also, seems that the probing tab is also missing.  How do I add those things in?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 04:46:40 PM »
Hi,
I have not done so myself but am repeating various posts on this same subject.

As you have noted certain screensets are minus some tabs that are the norm in other screensets.
The Machine Dignostics tab is missing wxRouter but is present in wx4.set for example.

If you open and load a screenset that has the desired tab and open the screen editor and expand the Main_Tabs menu
in the file tree you will find all the elements required to make the tab what it is. If you copy it you can then paste it into
a screenset of your choice.

You could for instance paste the Machine_Diagnostics tab and all its code into wxRouter. There would be
an issue when at some later date you update Mach to the latest build. wxRouter.set, your modified/augmented version
of wxRouter, the base code donor, will be overwritten by a new wxRouter screenset but which you can be bound does not
have your additions. All your additions/tweaks will have been lost. Bugger!!!

The correct procedure is to decide which of the screensets is most appropriate for your machine and make an individualised copy,
lets say MywxRouter.set for instance. You can then happily modify/add/edit etc to that set and yet be confident that when you update
your individualised screenset will not be overwritten whereas the basic screenset that you chose as base code donor will be.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
Thanks.  I actually had to install Mach4 again somewhere else, because I only installed it with the router set.  Then I was able to copy over the WX4 and use that as my base.  Appreciate the note!