Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:31:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 is already Running message  (Read 940 times)

Mach4 is already Running message
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:35:17 PM »
Greetings,

A lot of times I'll need to restart my Mach4 hobby profile and it will tell me that "Mach4 is already running" I'll check my current processes and nothing resembling Mach4 is running. People have claimed that a LUA script is running in the background, and that it is keeping mach4 from restarting. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

A member posted a powershell script  that I tried but it does not work

Get-Process | Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "Mach4GUI" } | Select-Object -First 1 | Stop-Process

This just does not work. Anyone else have something that works?

Thank you

Bill
Re: Mach4 is already Running message
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 12:36:06 AM »
Hi,
this is a common fault especially when first starting out with Mach4. If Mach4 does not shut down completely and gracefully
then it is likely that part of it stays running, commonly the GUI chunk, and that prevents another instance from starting.

When I first started with Mach4 I managed to crash it regularly and had to use Task Manager to shut down the offending parts
before I could restart. I haven't had to do that for three to four years now.

I suggest focus on what you are doing to cause Mach4 to crash....and fix that....then you need no workaround.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
A lot of times, when Mach is shut down, it is waiting on a plugin to clean up and the plugin just never finishes (for whatever reason).  The GUI may be gone but the core is still waiting on the plugin.  Try a stock profile with the Simulator and you will see it will always shutdown properly. 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 01:51:39 AM »
steve we had that also with TPA(our italian controler we use before) ther where also cad software but we had same problem that  not all task close,they add small app that have only simple button that was on desktop ,when you press ,it was close all task that link to there brand(also biesse-the most famous brand in woodworking cnc have this  app)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:33 AM »
Hi,
I managed to crash Mach today.......I was running a probing routine with some dozens of probe points and recording the data to
a Probe Data file. I had a cock-up with the probe contact circuit and Mach aborted the rest of the routine with 'Probe Fault' but the
data file was still open, and I could not get Mach to respond to any keystrokes because the file was still open and recording.

In the event I had to shut down Mach and use the Task Manager to shut down Machs core. First time I've had to do that in months,
and I have been running probe routines like this daily for many moths now.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 12:17:54 AM »
I've found that even after I end the process from the task list I have to wait about 1 minute for a clean reboot. Thank you!