Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:31:25 AM

Author Topic: Tool Offsets  (Read 4579 times)

Tool Offsets
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »
Hi,

I'm a registered mach3 user and am currently trying out your Lazycam software.  First, thanks so much to you guys for all the hard work, very excting to have these tools at our disposal!

Have questions/problems with G41 and G42 codes generated by Lazycam for tool offsets:
1) How does Lazycam automatically determine which to use?
2) How do i manually confirm and edit whether offset is to the left or right of the path
3) I have assumed that it is the lead-in that determines direction, but when i change the right/left option in the lead-in dialog box, it does not affect the output g-code

4) Is it possible to have program automatically match lead-in/cutting direction with offset direction so that outside chain will have offset towards the "outside" and all inside chains have offset to the "inside".  So far, program has not done this consistently for me.

Hope this was clear! 

Thanks again!

Best,
AZT
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:59:31 PM by azt34 »
Re: Tool Offsets
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »
I think there is a bug in that section... There is a function that tells if a chain is CW that is not working all the time, I have it about half redone and it "should" fix all the comp problems. It is going to take a little time but I think Iam going to have all the bugs out of lcam in a week or so!

Thanks to all that are helping point them out.
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick response, Brian.

Best of luck with the bug tracking - looking forward to your next release!

One other quick question (when you have a moment): do you have any plans to add basic 2.5D functionality? Pocketing, embossing, etc...

Best,
AZT

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »
I have the pocketing code started but I wanted to fix bugs and get the base of LCAM rock solid first :)

I think it will be 6 months or more before I can get to it :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »
I understand.  This project must be quite the undertaking!

Take care.

Best,
AZT

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
Hello,

I am VERY new to the CNC world, but Ihave been cutting up a storm the last few days :)

I have a couple of nagging problems, one of which being what I think is the "tool offset".

It appears the cut is following the OUTSIDE edge of the line. How do I set it to cut the INSIDE of the line?

Eg, if I draw a 1" x 1" box it actually cuts a 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" box...?

Am I making sense? LOL

I did try searching (standard forum etiquette) but it's tough when you don't know the specific terminology yet!

Thanks in advance,
Rich
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
PS - My plunge holes are really obvious on the final cut, if you could point me to where I can find info on that I'd greatly appreciate it.