Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:47:39 PM

Author Topic: mpg encoder counts/unit.  (Read 3500 times)

mpg encoder counts/unit.
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:19:32 AM »
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would like to be able to chage the MPG counts/unit through an external input.  This way I can control how fast or slow the axis will move when controled whith an MPG.
Has any one  done somthing llke this?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: mpg encoder counts/unit.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
What kind of hardware are you runnig BOB, G100, etc.? Also, what are your steps per set at for every axis you have? There are ways of doing what you want that are very easy to set up in most cases.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »
I am using a CNC4pc Board C11 rev 3.1.  I am at home right now, can't remember what my counts/per unit is set at. I do recal though that one rev of the hand wheel yeilds .025" travel. Is it possilble to have Brains run a formula that will yeild different counts/unit?  My strategy is that if I can change the counts/unit via external input, I will be able to have different resolutions at the hand wheel.

Jose.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »
Open your MPG page, (the tab key opens and closes it). See if your MPG mode is set to step/velocity mode, Jog mode is set to MPG, and what the cycle jog step is set to. Try it at .010. To get your MPG tuned in, go to Function Configs, calibrate MPG. There are more settings that can be set in general config as well.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!