Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:45:11 AM

Author Topic: G82 Drilling Cycle  (Read 2432 times)

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: G82 Drilling Cycle
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 05:30:51 AM »
in your main Folder (noramly c:\Mach3) should be a file named:

Mach3MillGcode.htm

this file contains the G-Code help and can also be opened with any browser.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 06:19:52 AM »
Thanks TPS -- yes that file exists in both of my systems and I now have a shortcut to it on my office system.

It is still not activated by the [ G-Code ] button - whichever '.set' I invoke.

I'm not concerned about trying to resolve the issue - it's no hardship to simply invoke the shortcut which opens the .htm file in the browser when I do need a 'hint'   -   which I'm sure will be often  ;D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 06:39:51 AM »
If it's any help,   Operator / Edit Button Script allows the G-Codes button code to be changed as shown in this pic.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 06:59:14 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,  That at least points me to yet another 'feature' in the very flexible Mach3 system which I hadn't yet discovered but the VB script in my office system is already exactly as you site - I presume my workshop system is the same.

Seldom taking anything on face value  -   I've just clicked on the [ Run Script ] icon and I'm not surprised to see an error message  "Error on line:1 - Sub or function not defined: GetMainFolder"   but since I am yet to study VB it doesn't really tell me much.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 07:09:25 AM »
Seldom taking anything on face value  -   I've just clicked on the [ Run Script ] icon and I'm not surprised to see an error message  "Error on line:1 - Sub or function not defined: GetMainFolder"   but since I am yet to study VB it doesn't really tell me much.

I think you have something else wrong in your Mach3 installation (could be anything and short of a re-install I have no idea where to look).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 07:18:10 AM »
That's my opinion as well Tweakie.
Since the 'office' system is only a simulation exercise, a re-installation wouldn't be a problem and may well solve the issue.

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:21 AM »
I've been held up in this endeavour due to slow delivery of components but they arrived yesterday so I'm back on it.

When trying a simulation (cutting air) on my workshop system I had a 'Soft limits error' --- which I think I've solved  ---  but when investigating I came up against another 'irritation' in Mach3 regarding the [ Table Display ]  window.  I can 'Zoom' and move the display 'in orbit' OK (even turning the whole thing upside down) but I can't yet see a way to re-position the viewpoint - which effectively means 'panning'. I'm familiar with similar displays in SketchUp etc. where panning is a matter of 'shift' if you are in 'Orbit' but none of the modification keys ( Ctrl etc.) seem to have any effect. Nor does [ Display Mode ] appear to do anything, which might have been an option.

It must surely be my lack of experience with Mach3 controls but I've yet to find anything intuitive that works to modify the display - nor anything in the 'help' to point me to a solution  :(

Can someone enlighten me ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 08:23:02 AM »
Right click and drag ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 08:52:14 AM »
No  -  that is what I've been doing and it 'Orbits' quite correctly (as I would expect)  but doesn't change the 'Centre of Rotation' which is what 'Panning' ought to do.

I've also tried zooming out and then clicking to the right or left of the image to zoom in about that point - without success.

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
Right click and drag ?
Tweakie.

Thought you might like to know that I've found the answer to this issue.   It's all about settings in [Config][Tool Paths]. Once I'd found that I had much more control and could decide for myself how I wanted the Tool Paths Window to look.

It's not perfect, and I'll do some more experimenting, but much better that the view I was getting by default.