Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:49:39 AM

Author Topic: POKEY57CNC Not homing using Mach4  (Read 1817 times)

Offline edd

•  2 2
    • View Profile
POKEY57CNC Not homing using Mach4
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:00:48 AM »
Hi, I'm new to Mach4 and to Pokeys57cnc board. I've set up  a  single axis currently to test my system and to learn about Mach4. However, wheen I press the Reference all axis (home), it runs, thinking it's homing the Z, Y, X (under test), it never moves my stepper in either direction. I went into the Pokeys application used for configuring the board, went into the pulse engine page and was able to issue a home request, which worked very well. I've looked all over the internet trying to find an answer because I feel I must have configured something incorrectly. I have a microswitch in NC mode  wired to Home1 and ground. This seems like a pretty good board and Mach4 makes the solution very powerful. If only I can get  past this issue.

I'm not sure how to proceed with Mach4Milling at this point...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:o
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:04:16 AM by edd »

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: POKEY57CNC Not homing using Mach4
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:10:26 AM »
Does the machine run otherwise? You can jog the single axis you have setup to test? Perhaps you need to edit the RefAllHome script to match your setup?? RefAllHome need the axes active and the default home script is likely calling for all 3, X/Y/Z, to move, but you don't have those active yet? Can you go to the diagnostics tab and REF just the axis you have setup? If so, the RefAllHome script won't run until you get more axes setup, it's probably trying to do Z first and you don't have a Z setup.

I'm just guessing here!!
--
Tom

Offline edd

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Re: POKEY57CNC Not homing using Mach4
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »
Thanks for the input! Yes, you are absolutely correct. I don't have the Y and Z axis configured/connected yet. I was just doing some testing before getting to that stage. I was able to go into the diagnostics tab and ref the X axis and it worked.