Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:52 AM

Author Topic: Win7 64 + UC100?  (Read 760 times)

Win7 64 + UC100?
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
Short version, I know Win7 64 is no bueno with a parallel port...... but it's cool with a UC100 USB to parallel converter????

Long version, i'm trying to revive a mini mill that once upon a time ran on a XP machine with onboard parallel.  PC died and i can't get old old IDE drive with configured Mach3 to play nicly on new mobos/parallel cards/etc.....    Have win7-64 setup with a UC100, verified IO for limit switches, verified E-stop functionality, DRO moves with axis... no motors turn.  There's additional history with this 3 axis mill being converted to not have a spindle, and control a fluid pump output... so, also now have a scope to start testing BOBs.  Any help appreciated.

Matt
Re: Win7 64 + UC100?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
Hi,
yes, Mach3 will run on a 64 bit OS and that will in turn will run a UC100 external motion controller.

Note that its not fair to call a UC100 a USB-parallel converter....it so much more than that although granted
it is what it appears to do. Inside the UC100 it has an FPGA which receives numeric motion data and generates
high quality pulse streams from that data. No USB-parallel can do that.

On Amazon, Ebay and the likes there are swags of Chinese fake UC100's......don't go there, they don't work like the real
thing. Buy direct from CNCDrive or their nominated distributor.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Win7 64 + UC100?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
Note that its not fair to call a UC100 a USB-parallel converter....it so much more than that

Thanks Craig, understood and already have one installed.  Looks like i need to troubleshoot output from my BOBs to steppers... or something.    Thanks.