Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:57:58 AM

Author Topic: CV setting angle  (Read 3794 times)

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
CV setting angle
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »
Another question :)

When you set the CV override angle is the measurment the inside of the angle i.e. 90 degrees for a right angle, so if I want to stop CV mode on any corner tighter than a right angle I set it to 90 or 80 etc.

Also what setting are you all finding gives the best compromise?

Hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to give some useful answers to peoples questions ;)

Thanks
Steve
Re: CV setting angle
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »
I would set the angle to about 90 and see how you like the setting on the machine... they angle that you "like" on your machine is going to have more to do with the feedrate and the Accel that you have set on your machine. If you have an Acceleration of 20 or more and a feedrate of under 100 IPM you will not need the CV angle settings. If you are running an machine that is under powered and has an acceleration of 5 or less and you are trying to make a cut at 200 IPM you will have bad rounding on the corners and I would think 90 deg CV angle should help. The interaction of the feed and Acceleration is why most people have a hard time with the settings and any machine that has a proper steps per unit and good acceleration will not have a problem.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
Re: CV setting angle
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
Ok thanks for the reply.

My mill has oversized stepper motors fitted (I've been told that simular sized steppers could run a bridgeport sized machine and mine is half that size) and I tend to run quite slowly so I may as well turn off the CV over ride then.