Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:10:31 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 can do Arc voltage sampling for a CNC plasma table?  (Read 3225 times)

Re: Mach4 can do Arc voltage sampling for a CNC plasma table?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 02:11:26 AM »
Maybe I haven't explained myself well, or maybe you don't know what I'm talking about, all THC do a sampling of the voltage, yes I know how it works I have worked with plasma cnc equipment for last 10 years, the function I ask for is something different, I have only seen it in very advanced CNC controllers such as the Hypertherm (EdgeConnect) and Lincoln Electric (Torchmate), described in detail in the video I shared and in the Jim Colt text fragment.

I have also seen this function in some standalone THC but I have never seen this function in mach3 or 4 and I was curious to know if it could be achieved or not.

All your comments are well received, but no one has answered my original question, it can be done in Mach4 yes or no?
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 07:03:45 AM »
Hi Johnny
I would like to apologise - I didn't mean to be rude and rereading what I wrote I could see that it could be taken other than the way I meant it as being inexperienced. I take it you are experienced.
I have not seen Mach 4 do this but you probably could if you were into lua. 
I am sorry but just don't see why you would want to bother with this. You have to use a cam program to cut all but the simplest item, just tell it what the material thickness is and it will set the cut voltage you need.
I would be very interested to learn the advantage this system would have over what we do now. I love to learn new things.
Steve
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
Hi Johnny
I would like to apologise - I didn't mean to be rude and rereading what I wrote I could see that it could be taken other than the way I meant it as being inexperienced. I take it you are experienced.
I have not seen Mach 4 do this but you probably could if you were into lua. 
I am sorry but just don't see why you would want to bother with this. You have to use a cam program to cut all but the simplest item, just tell it what the material thickness is and it will set the cut voltage you need.
I would be very interested to learn the advantage this system would have over what we do now. I love to learn new things.
Steve

Steve, don't worry, all comments are welcome, my CAM software is Hypertherm's ProNest LT and it already has cut-off tables built in, but I always have to manually set the reference voltage using the data from the operator's manual for my plasma source.

The information in the plasma operator's manual and ProNest tables is not always very precise, so most of the time I end up modifying all or the vast majority of the cutting parameters to obtain a better cutting quality.

I have zero experience with the LUA language, so without the help of someone else, I very much doubt that I can configure this by myself, so I understand that at the moment this function does not exist in Mach4 unless someone programs it. If any kind soul had this programmed and wanted to share it, it would be great.

I will continue working as I normally do, Thank you all.